Welcome to Oasis AOG Australian Christian Church, an Australian Christian Churches (formerly Assemblies of God Australia) fellowship in the Goldfields of Western Australia. Kambalda is a town of approximately 5,000 people located about 60km south of Kalgoorlie-Boulder.
The church was planted in September 1993, beginning services at the Kambalda West Community Hall. After about a year services were moved to the conference room of Kambalda West High School (as it was then known) for a couple of years before moving back to the Community Hall. In 2004 the Anglican church people approached us to consider using their premises as they were being underutilised for Anglican services. So here we are: at the St Peter’s church building on Larkin Street, in East Kambalda.
The congregation fluctuates with the ebb and flow of the fortunes of the town depending on the state of the resources boom at the time. At times we’ve had more children than adults; at other times hardly any children at all. We do have a core of people who have made Kambalda their home and are longstanding community members. We warmly welcome all who are able to attend whether it is long or short term.
The Kambalda congregation is one church with another congregation based in Kalgoorlie.
The Kambalda congregation exists to:
• Provide a church within the Kambalda community where Christians can fellowship, experience the love of God, learn about the ways of God and worship the Lord Jesus Christ
• Introduce the people to the Holy Spirit and encourage the congregation to pursue the baptism of the Holy Spirit and spiritual gifts
• Encourage, equip and empower believers to be witnesses about the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ through personal and corporate outreach
• Provide a place of refuge and love for the hurting people in our community
• Be supportive of all other groups (including missions) who have a desire to further the cause of the gospel
• Be generous people in regards to the poor
• Generate an atmosphere of encouragement where people are able to reach their full potential in God through sound Biblical teaching